Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Dispersal of a Hookers Stash............

It's a known fact that I hook rugs, and that I dye wool when I can get my hands on it. What may be an unknown fact is that I live in the middle of a desert. Today it was 110 degrees...tomorrow is predicted to be a whopping 115. Don't let them kid you with that "but it's a dry heat" business....it is still so hot that I am SURE that GOD never intended humans to live here...all that aside....I live 100 miles away from any large city. This quaint little western town has a weekly rodeo, numerous opportunities to rope a calf....many quaint eateries and western honkytonks... yet no real source of any kind for wool..so I have three choices 1.is to order off the internet...which is just not in my budget at this time and 2 is a wool hunt in the only 2nd hand store in town, where you may find if you are lucky one wool skirt..usually navy blue and one mans wool shirt...if you are really lucky it's light plaid that you can overdye. SO a wool hunt here is really nonprodutive.(yet I continue to check weekly hoping that someone suddenly discovers a hoard of woolie clothing and donates it). (hopeless hoping I know..yet I continue to trek to the store in the heat every week). AND 3 is to beg all my friends for the clothes off their backs every winter! I also belong to a rug hooking e-group...and the other "hookers" talk about having a stash.....a stash meaning a large chest of drawers or a closet. or both a chest and a closet!!..stuffed with wool just waiting to be dyed and hooked into a masterpiece. I am new at this and handicapped by my location (and lack of budget for internet buying) and I was inquiring of a post regarding the dispersal of the stash of a long time hooker....(doesn't that sound kind of dirty??? it doesn't sound like all you'd find was a bunch of wool does it?.)..yet that was what was for sale and I inquired making a small joke about being "stashless". A very nice lady from Pennsylvania sent me an e-mail and would I like her to gift me with a box of wool??? DO snakes slither and cows moo...yes please!!! was my reply...... and this week it came........It was heaven........delicious hand dyed colors that I couldn't even begin to describe,and plaid, plaid and more plaid....then pendleton plaid!!(two whole shirts!!)......the more I dug into the box the woozier I got!!! I looked at the pathethic little pile of wool on a shelf in the corner of the living room......and to this overflowing box of wonderful wool......and sighed with contentment......alas........I FINALLY HAVE A STASH......AND to Joan in Pennsylvania: Thank you kind lady for your generosity!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home